Keith Richards? Recipe for Success
With tall drug tales and revelation about Mick Jaggerâ€™s personal affairs done and dusted,Â Music-news.com isÂ getting to the serious issues in Keith Richardsâ€™ new book,Â Life. In the autobiography, the Rolling Stone says his favorite meal is bangers and mash, and he has chosen to share his recipe with the world.
â€śIâ€™ve been cooking bangers all my life and I only just found out from this lady on TV that you have to put the bangers in a cold pan. No preheating. Preheating agitates them, thatâ€™s why theyâ€™re called bangers,â€ť he writes. â€śVery slowly, start them off cold. And then just be prepared to have a drink and wait.â€ť
Keith Richards recipe for bangers and mash (fromLife):
1. First off, find a butcher who makes the sausages fresh.
2. Fry up a mixture of onions and bacon and seasoning.
3. Get the spuds on the boil with a dash of vinegar, some chopped onions and salt (seasoning to taste). Chuck in some peas with the spuds. (Throw in some chopped carrots too, if you like). Now weâ€™re talking.
4. Now you have the choice of grilling or broiling your bangers or frying. Throw them on a low heat with the simmering bacon and onions (or in a cold pan, as the TV lady said, and add the onion and bacon in a bit) and let the f-----s rock gently, turning every few minutes.
5. Mash yer spuds and whatever.
6. Bangers are now fat free (as possible).
7. Gravy if desired.
8. HP sauce.