Keith Richards? Recipe for Success
With tall drug tales and revelation about Mick Jagger’s personal affairs done and dusted, Music-news.com is getting to the serious issues in Keith Richards’ new book, Life. In the autobiography, the Rolling Stone says his favorite meal is bangers and mash, and he has chosen to share his recipe with the world.
“I’ve been cooking bangers all my life and I only just found out from this lady on TV that you have to put the bangers in a cold pan. No preheating. Preheating agitates them, that’s why they’re called bangers,” he writes. “Very slowly, start them off cold. And then just be prepared to have a drink and wait.”
Keith Richards recipe for bangers and mash (fromLife):
1. First off, find a butcher who makes the sausages fresh.
2. Fry up a mixture of onions and bacon and seasoning.
3. Get the spuds on the boil with a dash of vinegar, some chopped onions and salt (seasoning to taste). Chuck in some peas with the spuds. (Throw in some chopped carrots too, if you like). Now we’re talking.
4. Now you have the choice of grilling or broiling your bangers or frying. Throw them on a low heat with the simmering bacon and onions (or in a cold pan, as the TV lady said, and add the onion and bacon in a bit) and let the f-----s rock gently, turning every few minutes.
5. Mash yer spuds and whatever.
6. Bangers are now fat free (as possible).
7. Gravy if desired.
8. HP sauce.