Green ideas work at your work!
We all know how important it is to think green for the sake of our planet and save money at the same time. Most people think about greening at home, but many don't think about greening at the office. The fact is that the office environment offers many great opportunities to go green and save. For environmental conservation and cost savings try a few of these green office tips:
For more green ideas visit www.1thingsacramento.com
- Use recycled paper products throughout the office. Separate your waste paper and take it to the local recycling center.
- When purging files or documents, use a shredder and place the shredded paper in your paper recycling container.
- Refill or recycle ink and toner cartridges. When possible, purchase a laser printer. These use less toner and no ink.
- When possible, encourage the use of pencils instead of pens. Pens leave more waste in landfills and are more expensive.
- Separate and recycle aluminum cans. A simple container that is readily accessible to everyone works fine. Cash these cans in to help support an annual company picnic!
- Use bio-degradable trash bags. The small added expense is worth it for the planet.
- Use only rechargeable batteries in battery-powered devices. Regular batteries go to landfills and pollute the earth.
- If possible, coordinate a program whereby certain job descriptions can be performed from home with an internet connection and telephone. The savings realized by the company and the employee will be substantial.